Home » » Terrible movies

Terrible movies

So many terrible movies.

Terrible, terrible movies.

I feel so sorry for the miserable souls who made them.

Then I watch a movie and I feel sorry for the miserable souls who made them and appeared in them. And then it turns out that everyone liked it but me.

This happened one time. I was at some sort of anti-drug rally. I was against the war on drugs. I was also against drugs. I was against both sides. Kind of like the Falklands War.

They had several speakers. The final one was this school counselor who screamed his speech in a high pitched screech. I only remember a couple of snippets. One was, "...WE'VE GOT TO BLOW UP THE TV SET..." and "...GET REAL, MAN! IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!" And then he told us that his son brought a "progress report" home from school. "...I SAID, 'DON'T YOU KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU!!!!'"

It was embarrassing. I couldn't stand it. I walked around. I stepped outside. I came back. And when the guy finished, the audience applauded wildly. The rubes loved it.

Somebody told me that Stephen King advised writers to submit everything they write, because there's no telling what publishers will like. I don't know if King really said it, but I guess it makes sense. I can't judge what's embarrassing and what's a deeply moving speech.