Home » » Doctors Misdiagnosed Pregnancy with Menopause

Doctors Misdiagnosed Pregnancy with Menopause

Anita Arora, 46 gave birth to a baby boy two days after she knew she was pregnant. She repeatedly asked doctors 5 months before that she had suspicions that she was pregnant but were ignored and doctors said that she was going through menopause. She has already two children so she is familiar with the signs of pregnancy, but instead of offering to take a pregnancy test, they misdiagnosed her with early menopause.

Her new born son, Matthew, was delivered in a life-saving operation on Christmas Day. Just two days after knowing she was actually pregnant. The baby was two months premature and would have died if
surgeons had not delivered him immediately.

Mrs Arora is filing complaints to her local Primary Care Trust and the General Medical Council about the treatment she received and is considering negligence action against the doctors. She said: ‘I told them five months ago I thought I was pregnant. My periods had stopped and I was gaining weight. I asked whether it was possible, but they told me not to worry, it was just my age.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk