Home » » The time I watched an Israeli movie

The time I watched an Israeli movie

Israel is such a nasty, vile little country.

I watched an Israeli children's movie once. It was on TV. And this was on a pro-Israeli show. They'd show all this stuff gushing over how wonderful Israel is.

What the hell was it called? Hello, Jerusalem? Shalome something?

They showed a short film. A boy and a girl steal some money and run away to avoid going to the dentist. They buy candy. They walk out somewhere. They make a fire. A couple of Palestinian children come over to join them.

As an American, I had certain expectation. I figured they would initially distrust each other, but would soon become friends.

No. That's not what happened.

The two Jewish children sit there. The girl whispers to the boy, "They're so creepy!" Then she says, "Make them go away!"

Then we see some thuggish plainsclothes Israeli cops threatening an old Palestinian demanding to know where the two children are.

I had videotaped it. I told a friend about it---a Zionist. He didn't believe me. Then I showed it to him.

"You weren't kidding," he said.

Didn't change his views about Israel. I guess if the actual slaughter of Palestinian children year after year didn't change his mind, watching a movie advocating hatred of them wouldn't do it.