Home » » Ryan Reynolds, Fifteen

Ryan Reynolds, Fifteen


There's this actor named Ryan Reynolds. I guess he's been in a lot of things lately. But the only thing I've seen him in was Fifteen, a "teenage soap opera" on Nickelodeon. I don't know who it was aimed at. It was the least operatic soap opera I've seen. It was just terrible. A weekly series. Like Saved By The Bell but without all that high brow gobbledygook.

The episode that stands out in my mind is the one where one of the kids has to go to a treatment center because he's an alcoholic. We know he's an alcoholic because he tells his friends that he's going to a treatment center because he's an alcoholic. We don't see him drunk or drinking. He shows no sign of alcoholism. He doesn't even talk about drinking. He just says he's an alcoholic now. And he has to go to a treatment center.

Let me see. The only thing I remember with Ryan Reynolds was when he said, "Go ahead! Hit me! If it will make you feel like a big man!"

He said that to another kid. There were no adults on the show.

Oh. Here's a quote from Reynolds about it, on how he started acting:
I started when I was 13 years old. I did a really horrible soap opera called Fifteen for Nickelodeon that stoned college kids kept on the air for three years. And then the first movie I did was in Sri Lanka when I was 14. I spent three months there. I was there without my parents working on a movie in a country that was in the midst of a civil war.
Well, knowing that stoned college kids were key to its success makes me less embarrassed about having seen it.

The only other kid from that show I recognized was one who went on to appear in a made-for-TV movie about Amy Fisher.

According to imdb.com, a few others from that show have gone on to successful careers, but for most of them, it's their only credit.