Home » » You kind of have to admire Charlie Sheen. In a way.

You kind of have to admire Charlie Sheen. In a way.

I don't know. Charlie Sheen seems to be terribly screwed up. But maybe he really is some kind of ubermensch. It's possible, I suppose. There's something strangely admirable in any case.

From the "Today Show" website:

...[Sheen] claimed he has conquered his own drug and alcohol problems by the sheer force of his will: “I closed my eyes and made it so.”

...“I will not believe that if I do something then I have to follow a certain path, because it was written nice,” he said. “It [AA] was written for normal people, people that aren’t special. People that don’t have tiger blood, you know, Adonis DNA.”

He dismissed the idea that he has anything in common with addicts and alcoholics, who he says lack his strength of character, describing them as “fools, trolls. Weak. Defeated. They allowed defeat to be an option. I will not.

“I’m tired of pretending like I’m not special,” Sheen continued. “I’m tired of pretending like I’m not bitching, a total fricking rock star from Mars, and people can’t figure me out; they can’t process me. I don’t expect them to. You can’t process me with a normal brain.”

Sheen insisted that the drug- and alcohol-fueled behavior he described as “epic” never interfered with his work on “Men,” and that despite all the headlines, all his bosses saw when he showed up on the set was “a guy hitting every mark, nailing every line, every joke, with a full house screaming.” He claimed he never missed a day’s shooting: “Not a day that cost anybody any money,” he said. “I missed practice. We’re talking about practice ... practice is for amateurs, you know?”

...

He was now “at war” he said. “They picked a fight with a warlock,” he said — a war he plans to win “with zeal and focus, violent hatred ... You either love or you hate. You live in the middle, you get nothing.”

...

...“I think my passion is misinterpreted as anger sometimes. And I don’t think people are ready for the message that I’m delivering, and delivering with a sense of violent love,” Sheen said.